S-377 Series Window Balance

A handy person from Florida says:
I have a old balance that the metal channel measures 18.5", can these be ordered.
The problem is the 1820's I ordered are to long and hit at the bottom and the 1720's I ordered do work but are not a exact replacement for the originals. Any suggestions.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can make balances whose lengths end on 1/2", but it will have to be a special order. Can you just tell me how many you need? Can you also tell me what your original stamp reads? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for the desired quantity.

The original stamp is 1820, I will always order about 20 of them at a time.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us! Would it be possible to see a photo of the nylon fittings on either end of your balance? A thought occurred to me that you might have a special kind of balance with a particular design. It's similar to our Series 377, but different enough to be incompatible. I just want to be 100% sure; custom balances cannot be returned for a refund so I want to eliminate any doubt. Hopefully that makes sense.

Here is a pic, on the left is the old balance, Swisco new one is on the right.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CVillage window balance pic.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. I don't see the top nylon fitting, but I will take your word that it's the 19-018. That shoe does not match the special one I had in mind so we can cross that off the list. Thanks again for confirming for me!

I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 20 of these balances. Just keep in mind that custom orders cannot be returned for a refund. If there is any doubt in your mind that your balance doesn't have the 19-018 top and 15-005 bottom nylon fittings, tell me now.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.