S390-22 in 21-5/8" lengths?

A home owner from Kensington, Maryland says:
Hello I have some Nuprime Windows that need replacement channel balance. I think I should order 390-22. However the old balance measures 21 5/8 inches measured the way shown on your website. My balance has 2130 stamped on it. What is your opinion?

Thanks

Ps I put balance on table and measured to top of metal channel as depicted on your website
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure you have the Series 390 balance? There is a special type of balance that looks similar, but is quite different in function and comes in lengths on the 5/8". Please show us a picture of the top and bottom nylon caps, as well as the metal clip at the end of the cord. Please also tell me how many you need.
A quick learner from Kensington says:
Did you get the pictures I emailed to you?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid not. Can you upload them directly to this thread?
I tried but kept getting error message. I sent an email a while back. I will try again tonight.
Here are the pictures one at a time
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for the pictures, and for your patience. That is definitely the Series 390 balance. We have determined that we will be able to custom make a balance for you in this length. Can you just tell me how many you need?
I will need to measure for all windows but probably 10-12 at the 21 5/8 length. Any estimate on how much custom made balance will cost, it sounds expensive. I will also need 4 that are longer 27 1/4 inch I think.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. I will send you a custom order link and price quote for 12 of the 21-5/8" balances. For the other sized balance, I would like you to again triple check the length of the metal channel.
Hi Tom
Just to be sure about the measurement. You stated that you wanted me to triple check the length of the "metal channel". On your website it looks like the measurement goes from the base of the nylon shoe to the top of the metal channel. Could you explain how I should make the measurements in detail so I dont order the wrong part?
Hi
Could you explain how to measure the metal channel? I measured the channel as shown on your web-site from the bottom of the foot to the top of the channel. Can you please describe how I should measure the metal channel?
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
You only measure the metal channel. Do not include the nylon caps in any way. Those do not count towards the length.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.