S395-35 Balances with 15-050 shoes

A home owner from Ft Myers, Florida says:
I would like the pricing for four S395-35 balances with 15-050 shoes please. I called and spoke to a very nice lady who directed me to submit the custom order this way since the balances do not come with these shoes.
Thank you! Dan H
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, we can definitely custom make this for you. Can you just tell me the exact weight of the sash these balances support? Your stamp is very peculiar, and I'm not sure what we should use instead. Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for 4.

30-35 lbs
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you. Could you give us the exact weight, down to the ounce? 30-35 pounds could actually be covered by either the 3450 option or 3460. It's important to be as precise as possible when it comes to sash weight, since custom balances cannot be returned for a refund if they are not the right strength. 

OK, I pulled the entire window out and weighed it. These are first generation impact windows and weighed 35.2 lbs or 35 lbs 3.2ounces. I have another question about another window and was wondering if we could speak as it may be easier to understand my issue.

Thank you very much!

Dan

Profile picture of Tom

Great, thanks! With that sash weight, our 3460 would be best. I'll email you an order link and price quote for four right now.

I'm afraid we don't have a phone line in this department, but I'm happy to help you here as best as I can.

I was just having trouble installing a balance on a window that has a curved top. The curve does not allow me to hook the bottom hook into the frame. It prevents me from getting the balance in line enough with the vertical frame to set the little balance hook in place since the top of the window frame curves in and down. I will play with it some more, just wondering if there was a trick to windows with curved top frames that prevent the balance from getting perpendicular enough to connect the balance hook.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Ah, I see. Curved windows always have something tricky going on with them, in my experience. I don't personally know what you can do, but I'll tag my colleague in this post and he will get back to you as soon as he can. If anyone can walk you through this, it's him. Please bear with us a little longer.

Profile picture of Tom

For curve top windows you will need a needle nose pliers. First place the complete balance into the window track up as high as you can against the curve. Then with the needle nose pliers grab the hook with the bottom of balance angling out away from the window track and hook the balance clip in the hole. Bring down the balance and lock under the take out clip.

Need the the same balances and shoes (15-050) etc this time for two S395-30" balances with 15-050 shoes. The weight of the sash is 30lbs on the dot. Can you help? Basically the same as before but in a 30" and 30 lbs sash.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5558.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5559.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5560.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5561.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, that shouldn't be an issue. The stamp we'll be using this time will be the 2950, which can carry 28 through 32 pounds. I'll email you an order link and price quote now for two.

Perfect, thank you!
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.