S600-23 Red or Blue Tip

A home owner from Reisterstown, MD says:
Greetings:

Some of my window spirals are totally worn out. It measured the aluminum tube and it appears to be 23 inches & 5/8 diameter. My questions is can I use the Blue Tip in place of the Red Tip? The worn out ones are Red Tips, but they don't seem heavy duty enough for the window. Would the Blue Tip work instead as a heavier duty replacement? I plan to order 6 balances as I have 4 that need immediate replacement and will keep a pair of spares. I intend to place my order once I hear back about the Red or Blue tip. Thank you in advance for you assistance and advice.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It would depend on the weight of your sash. We show the weight range for both Red and Blue tips on the S600-23 store page. Look them over and see if your sash weight falls within the Blue Tip's range. If not, I'd stick with the Red Tip. If it does, I see no harm in giving it a shot.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.