S751-28 Custom Balance

A home owner from USA says:
I am looking to order 2 balances.

The channel is 29" long and has a channel width of 9/16"....looks like the S751 Balance...it has a 2" long clip....window weight is 22.5 lbs

....the old locking shoe looks like the 15-197 Black locking shoe...

Can you please confirm?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that your balance resembles the S751-29 with a 28HD strength option to support a sash between 22 and 28 lbs. We'd be happy to supply them with the 15-197 locking terminal attached but it will need to be a custom order.

We'll send over an order link and price quote for you to review but I would recommend confirming that the dimensions below match your original balance fitting before placing an order. Thank you! 

Dimensions for 15-197
Dimensions for 15-197

Jasmine,

The channel is 29" long and has a channel width of 9/16"....looks like the S751 Balance...it has a 2" long clip....window weight is 22.5 lbs

....the old locking shoe looks like the 15-197 Black locking shoe...shown here

image.png

...however the height dimensions are different....the 1 7/16" height on mine is 31/32" and the 1 5/16" height on mine is 7/8".....the 1" base and 3/8" thickness dimensions are the same as mine....I think this will work...the difference is in the height of the shoe....will that follow the jamb track?.... what do you think?....Thanks

Blessings,

Dave
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

The height of the locking terminal may not be a problem but I can't be sure. Since these are custom balances that are not eligible to be returned, I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look to confirm the best course of action. We'll get back to you as soon as more information is available. Thank you! 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The height of the 15-197 isn't critical and shouldn't interfere with the balance function once it's installed in the window. Unless you have any other questions, you can proceed with the order by using the link that Casey sent you for these custom balances. 

Paul,

Thanks....will let you know how they perform....

Blessings,

Dave
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.