S850 series crossbow balance

A handy person from Massachusetts says:
all of my larger windows have broken/missing balances. I can identify that they appear to be crossbow balances by the parts that I have. my question is this: can you determine the length of the balance you need by the size of the window? my large window is 37"W x 58"H. From watching the replacement video it appeared the sash started about half way up the bottom window to the top screw mount. I ordered two 36" 850 balances. last question: If the balances are a bit short/long can you drill a new hole in the top to adjust the position?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We may be able to help, yes. Can you tell me the height of just the visible glass for the sash these balances support? Thank you!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.