S900 balance with blue tip

A quick learner from USA says:
I have Alcoa, Vinyl, Single Hung, double pane, windows. 21 years old.

The Spiral Balance is a 3/8" diameter, metal tube, approximately 12 inches long, attached to a metal spring, approximately 18 inches long, with a Blue tip. Total combined length is 30 inches.

The window sash is 31"H x 33"W and weighs 19.5 lbs.

Overall window dimensions are 62"H x 34"W.

The closest Spiral Balance that you offer appears to be the S900-30 which is a solid tube, but it doesn't offer a Blue tip option.

I need your expert recommendation for the proper replacement product.

I have included several photos for your inspection.

Thank you for your assistance,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe your Alcoa window uses our 5/8" S600-30 spiral balance with a blue tip. If you measure the old white plastic tube it will be approximately 9/16". The company that made your balance, previously, is no longer in business.
A quick learner from Yardley, PA says:
Thanks Paul,
Should I be able to insert the 5/8
A quick learner from Yardley, PA says:
Paul recommended the S600-30 balancer.
Unfortunately the channel that the balancer fits in is only 7/16" wide. So, the S600 will not fit.
I've enclosed a photo.
With the previous information provided, will the S900-30 with a green tip be acceptable?
Also, I've got 6 identical windows that I'm repairing. All with the specifications from above. However, I've already removed several balancers and all the lengths vary from 29-1/2 inches to 30-1/4 inches. Are these variances acceptable to replace with 30 inch balancers?
jamb liner shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The pivot shoe you show is a 15-173, which is 1" wide by 9/16" deep. Again, people have used the S600-30 blue tip with this pivot shoe for Alcoa windows. What was the diameter of the white plastic tube on the old balance? I know the opening seems small for the Series 600, but if it's the proper balance, you can squeeze it in.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.