SASH DYAD CRANK, 5"

A handy person from Framingham,MA says:
Hello,

I bought Item # 39-187,everything was perfect into i notice that Crank arm is too long.

I need one 4'3/8 + one more line

I don;t know if you guys have something like this or need to customized?

please see photos attached.

I will like to return the item also.

Thanks

Pablo
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This short-arm operator is no longer available. Our recommended fix is to use a 3/32" drill bit to remove the rivet in the arm of your old operator. That will free the old 4-1/2" arm. Then, use the drill to remove the same rivet from the new operator. Remove and discard the new 5" arm.

You'll take the old 4-1/2" arm and, using a 62-014 rivet, you will attach the old arm to the new operator. That will allow you to replace this old operator. Let me know if you have any questions.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.