SCREEN DOOR ROLLERS

A quick learner from CT says:
For Screen Door Roller, 1" Steel BB Concave
Product Code: 84-074

How does this part attach to the frame?? Do the two holes on the top ends accept screws or bolts and if so do them come included?

How high is the part of the 84-074 which must fit into the frame for this to work (ie how deep (inner top to inner bottom of frame section) must the frame be. Likewise, also what would be too deep for it not to work, ie wheel does not protrude enough

Thanks - Gene
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Gene. Are you replacing wheels that look like the 84-074 or making a screen sliding door from scratch? The wheels are attached from underneath with two #8-32 x 5/8" pan head screws through the holes in the housing. The height of the wheel with the housing fully retracted is 1-1/2".
A quick learner from CT says:

I am fixing an old Atrium screen door (probably 1980s) and I believe that the well know problem of an internal plastic part critical for roler height adjustment is broken. My "research" leads me to believe that the 84-074 (or 84-074N) is the best solution. This door uses an equivalent of the 84-006 (or 6s) and you could drill out the pin whole to the size of the cylinder on the 84-074, stick the 075 upside down into that hole, then use the 074's 2 mounting holes as a template of where to drill the mounting holes in the screen door frame, then insert the 074 into the Atrium frame from the bottom and attach it with the 2 supplied screws. BINGO old Atrium door with broken plastic adjustment screw lever problem solved.

Thanks

Gene
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, great, glad you were able to solve the problem. Please let us know if you need any other help.
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.