SI marked outdoor door latch

A handy person from DC says:
The latch is means to hold the door in place when it's closed, but not locked.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15904210155191201752681110632367.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I have seen hardware like this in the past by this SI company. I think they were an "after market" hardware supplier. I don't think that this part can still be found. 

What I did on my patio screen door at home was to use the 32-304 magnetic catch to keep my sliding screen door from opening up by itself. If your door is a swing type door, take a look at the 10-057 to see if this is something that could work on your door.

A professional from NJ says:
This pic actually helped me find a similar part, believe it or not.
And just in case it will help someone else in the future:
The SI marked on this part represents Siegenia, a European company that specializes in door technology, and this part in particular is called a Balcony/Patio Door Catch.

It's near impossible to find in the USA, but there are plenty of UK and Germany sellers with these catches still in stock
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.