SPIRAL BALANCES FOR TILT WINDOWS

A home owner from Plano Texas says:
round tube 5/" x 16" overall length 30"

What is the part number and cost?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement balance for you, can you first tell me what the diameter of your balance tube is? Can you also tell me what the weight of your window sash is? You can determine this by removing the sash from the window and placing it on a scale. Thank you!
A quick learner from Plano Texas says:
My tube is a 5/8" diameter x 14 inch long and it looks like to me the S600-14 14" Series 600 Spiral Balance will work. The problem is that my current balance is for an aluminum window and has a white tip. The S600-14 has 2 options a blue tip and a red tip. Are either of these styles used for aluminum window balances? What is the difference between the color?

Chuck
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, for the S600-14, the Red Tip option can support a window sash weight range of 6 through 18 pounds, while the Blue Tip can support 10 through 26 pounds. Does your window sash's weight fall within either of these ranges?
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.