Problem installing 39-346 Jalousie Operator Replacement Kit

A home owner from Bloomfield, CT says:

The attached PDF explains in some detail the issue I'm having with the jalousie operator replacement. My question is, is there another part that better matched my original and has a flush connection between the operator arm and the lft bar?

User submitted photos of window hardware.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, and for the thorough explanation. I see what you're talking about. We've heard this from time to time, but I don't think they have a version of this operator with a flush rivet. In the past, we've been able to grind the protrusion down to get the clearance necessary. I think this will work in your case, as well.

A home owner from Bloomfield, CT says:
So would I need to send the part back to you and you would grind it down?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean to give that impression. We don't have the ability to alter products sent to us by customers. When I said we had grinded them down in the past, I meant specifically while we were installing similar jalousie operators for personal use. In other words, I've been in your shoes before and that was the solution that worked for me.

39-346 Jalousie operator replacement kit
39-346 Jalousie operator replacement kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.