Safer Alternative to Screen Pins?

A quick learner from CT says:
Ever who invented the pins to hold screens in is crazy!! They are dangerous especially with cats in the house.. My cat fell out the window.. Is there another way to secure the screens using pins that exist and something else...?? I come from the old fashion days where there were channels the screens were in... Not safe for little children either... Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Back in the day we did use screen channels to install window screens, but I'm not sure anyone still uses that method today. The industry changes all the time and the channel method is just one of many things that have fallen by the wayside over the years.

We do carry the 70-056 screen hanger kit, which can be used with either the 70-004 or the 70-204 pull rings, which should be easier. However it's important to note that screens are not made to keep children or pets from falling out of windows and you should never count on them to do that, even with the channel method. Screens are fragile and they can only take so much pressure before you risk pushing them in. The only real solution to that is to just keep your windows closed.

One option is to look at our 26-387 limiter lock. This might be a good way to keep your cat from falling out of the window. It prevents the window from being opened by a certain amount.

How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.