Sargent 5164 mortise lock

A handy person from CT says:
looking for a replacement for a Sargent 5164 mortise lock possibly a bunch of them if there is a good replacement The spring broke in this one, and I was going to start looking for parts and repair but if I can get a good updated replacement I'd prefer that The box is 3" deep, 3 1/2 long and the setback of the shaft is 2 3/8 from the front, 3/4" from the top I'd love a direct replacement so I dont have to open up the mortises any more than they are, but if I have to I will.

John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6498.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, John. Take a look at our 42-009 mortise handle set for older wood doors. This could be the handle set you're looking for. Let me know what you think!

A handy person from CT says:
I ordered one to try, I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Great! Let us know how you make out.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.