Sash Balance

A quick learner from San Lorenzo says:
I am looking to replace the sash balance for my window. The part says 24S GG BSI 25 (picture attached). The sash measure approximately 25 inches. Would you be able to help confirm the part? I would like to make sure I purchase the correct part from your website.

Many thanks,
Andy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 932BAEDF-5D0A-48DB-81DF-B0857D3E9A35.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 393909D0-0B32-4A31-9B3B-D6881FA8DB9C.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Andy, thanks for writing in. There are a couple of things I'd like to confirm before recommending anything. 

First, can you please confirm the length of the metal channel? When determining this dimension, disregard the plastic attachments and measure only the metal channel.

Next, can you tell me the weight of your window sash? Usually the stamp that you show would indicate this, but I'm afraid we're not familiar with this one.

Finally, we need to confirm those plastic attachments. It looks like you could have either our Series 380 or Series 385. The difference between the Series 380 and the Series 385 lies in the depth of the shoe. Take a look at the picture below for more detail. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Hi Julia,

Thank you for the guidance.

The metal channel is 25 inches long, and it looks like the plastic shoe is a S385.

Unfortunately, I don't have a small enough scale that detects the weight of sash balance. I know for sure it's less than a pound.

Are you able to identify the sash with the information provided?

Best,
Andy
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Andy, thanks for getting back to me with all of that information.

I apologize for the confusion. I actually need the weight of the window itself. Balances are calibrated to offset the weight of the window, so this is a crucial detail in obtaining the correct part.

Hi Julia,

That was my mistake. Thank you for the clarification. The window sash is 24 pounds.

Best,
Andy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there! Julia's not in today, but I can help. Since you have an S385-25 with a 24 pound sash, you can use the 2440 stamp option. This carries 19 through 24 pounds and should work perfectly fine.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.