Sash Dyad Crank I need to replace

Home Owner from Bartlesville, Oklahoma
May 21, 2024 7:50 pm
I ordered a "39-188 - Sash Dyad Crank" to replace a crank I have, but the arm connecting to the crank mechanism on the part I ordered is roughly 3 inches long, while that on the part I'm replacing is roughly 4 inches long. (The arm connecting to the window is roughly 5 inches long on both) Consequently, Lester in the help department referred me to you. I'm sending a photo of the part I'm replacing, along with 3 closer photos of it where information is engraved. One photo shows "US Pat. 4505601", another shows "Pat. Canada 1986 UK Pat. 2135397", and the 4th photo is of the arm that connects to the window, on which is the number 30866. Can you provide a replacement for this?
IMG_0564 IMG_0560 IMG_0552 IMG_0544
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 22, 2024 11:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry to hear that your purchase did not work out. I do believe we can get you set up with a more suitable replacement but it will not be an exact match to your existing operator. Your has an offset in the gear arm, whereas our does not.

Yours appears closer in design to the 39-090 Window Dyad Crank. The difference between this operator and the one your purchased is shape of the gear arm. The 39-090 is more of a "Z" shape while the 39-188 resembles a "W".

Take a look over the dimensions and design to determine if this could work as a replacement.

Dimensions for 39-090
Dimensions for 39-090

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts