Sash balance we need to identify

A professional from Blanchard, OK says:
Attached please find pictures of a sash balance we need to identify.
We have a customer who needs several of these, so we also need a price, and shipping costs.
If you can't read the picture, it says, "UNIQUE 30-C-30" with the date 16/04/97

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the company that made this balance is out of business. You may be able to use our Series 770 channel balance, but I would like to see the pivot shoe before I say anything for sure.
A contractor from Oklahoma says:
Another thing I didn't mention, is that the end with the plastic part in it goes on the bottom, which seems different from your Series 770.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
What is the bottom you're referring to? The bottom of the sash, or some other part? I will need to see pictures of where the plastic clip inserts.
A contractor from Oklahoma says:
The plastic part is what is pictured in the top right picture above. It fits into the bottom of the balance. The pictures I saw of your Series 770 appear to have a plastic part in the end of the balance labeled "top".
I'm including the picture you requested of the pivot shoe. (in the channel... not the pivot on the sash)
Thanks for your help.
Also, can you build sashes for this type window? The school where it goes has one broken. Advice?
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Yes, looking at this pivot shoe, I think our Series 770 is a good choice. The balance screws into the jamb at the top, and the small metal clip (15-043, included) hooks into the pivot shoe. Based on the stamp on your metal channel, I think you should consider our S770-30 with a 30C stamp. Two of these balances can support a window sash weight of 19 through 24 pounds, so you may want to weigh your window sash just to make sure that's correct.

We don't make sashes, unfortunately, but if it's just the glass that's broken then you can take it into your nearest glass shop. If the vinyl is broken, then it may be easier to simply replace the entire window.
A contractor from Oklahoma says:
Thank you.
Next question: Do you have these in different lengths?
We are doing these for a school, and some of the windows are larger. We'll have to go back and measure them all, as we were just waiting to see if your S770 was compatible.
(Yes, one of them it is the vinyl that is broken. We have already replace the insulated units they had broken in several windows. They will have to just keep that one closed.)
Thanks,3-In-1 Glass
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the Series 770 is available in multiple lengths. Click on that link to view them all.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)