Sash cam for 2740 28" balance

A home owner from Columbus, OH says:
I'm looking for what I think might be called a sash cam. Please see attached photos. The spring in my window balances become stiff and break this piece when I have to apply excessive force to close the window. I'll also need to replace these balances with the stiff springs when I place my order.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Another view of right cam.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Installed left cam side view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Installed left cam top view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Right cam.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top view of right cam.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the dimensions of the 18-124P Rollyson top sash guides to your original guides. 

If you need new balances as well, we would need to see an undamaged assembly removed from the window, including any end attachments, to compare to our inventory. Thank you. 

A home owner from Columbus, OH says:
Please see the attached photos of a 28" balance I need and provide your order number.

Thanks,
Scott
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance end view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance second end view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance side view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance top view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inside view of balance.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Your assembly reminds me of the S371 channel balance, which is commonly used with your 18-124P sash guide, but the wings on your end fittings look larger than the ones attached to our balance. For that reason, I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look to confirm if that would be a problem or if we can supply any other replacement options. We'll get back to you as soon as more information is available. 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

For your Rollyson window, the S371-28 with a 2740 strength option should work for you since the width of the wings isn't a critical dimension. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.