Sash cam identification

A handy person from Tennessee says:
I need a replacement for this part. This is a left sash cam for an aluminum window (I do not know the manufacturer). The channel width is 5/8. The width of the narrow part of the sash cam is 5/16. I need both the left and the right cams.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210408_163459.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210408_163512.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The 18-066 is the new version of this top sash guide. The new guide is non-handed, meaning that it will work for either side of the window. Thanks for posting! 

A handy person from Tennessee says:
Thank you for your reply. The new part will not fit my sash because the bottom of the channel is not flat. The old sash cam is designed to fit the channel profile while the new cam does not seem to be.

The picture shows the top of the left side of the sash with the sash cam removed. The narrow part of the sash cam fits the small channel with the screw left in it. This window obviously has not been used for a while ...

I guess my only choice would be to mill my own sash cam in case the old part is no longer made.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210413_202020.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

When GAPCO decided to do away with the left and right-handed top sash guides and replace it with the 18-066, they did not factor in their thermal break windows. With that being said, you might be able to put a filler in the groove so you can use the new 18-066.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.