Sashes will not lock

A contractor from Livingston NJ says:
Hi. I was hoping you could help find a solution to a problem my home inspection clients are having. 5 of the replacement windows installed on their house will not lock. The lock misses the keeper by 3/8 of an inch because the upper and lower sashes do not line up completely. I understand that this is an installation issue, but I wonder if you carry a taller keeper that would work with the lock. I could even change the sash locks if you carried any that are low profile. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
sash lock
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Before you work on the locks, remove both sashes and check the interlocks. Through the years, dirt or twisted weather stripping might be preventing the sashes to mesh. You may be able to repair this window without any new hardware.
A contractor from Livingston NJ says:
It is an installation issue. There is not enough headroom for the sashes to lock together. I was hoping to purchase taller keepers so the homeowners could lock their windows. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Also, do you sell low profile external sash tilt locks? I could make up some headroom if you did. The current locks on the upper sash are almost 1/2 tall. A lower profile tilt lock on the upper sash would give me the clearance I need to get the sashes locked together.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if there are any taller keepers like you need. Could you pack it out with shims like our 90-058?

When you say tilt lock, are you referring to the tilt latch in your picture? These can be pretty specific, and there is a lot that goes into them, such as hole spacing, hole offset, width, not to mention the style of the tooth. I'm not sure if you will find one in this style that also has a lower profile.
A quick learner from Livingston NJ says:
Thanks Tom. I ordered the shims and I'll give them a try!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.