Screen Clip Question

A handy person from Groton MA says:
AS far as I can tell these clips 70-048 are the right size the Measurement is about 1.56 inches that compares with 1 9/16 I saw in another post.
My only question is if I order about 30 and they don't fit can I return them?

Thanks
Don
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200408_184001.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Don. It looks like you have an older version of the Malta Clip. You might be able to use our 70-048, but some customers have found it doesn't work as a replacement. Why Malta made different versions of this clip, we really don't know, and since they're out of business all that's left is the clip we carry.

You certainly can try the 70-048 and see if it it works you, but our other suggestion is to consider substituting this old clip with a type of pull ring with sill nail clip. Look at our 70-004 and 70-013 to start out; this type of pull ring is "screened" into the frame. Also take a look at our 70-204 pull ring which clips onto the bottom of the screen frame. The nails are mounted into the window sill for the pull rings to clip onto. For anything you try, you can view our Return Policy here.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good, Don. Let us know how you make out. Thanks for reaching out, we appreciate it. 

A handy person from Groton MA says:
OK thanks for the Info. Yes the latches 70-004 look like a better mechanical solution. I never was that fond of the plastic clips.

Thanks,
Don
How to install a Malta screen frame latch
How to install a Malta screen frame latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.