Screen Door Latch & handle assembly

A home owner from Tinley Park , Illinois says:

Can you help identify e replacement latch & handle assembly ? Believe it's a NORCO Sliding Screen door from a patio door assembly. From about early '80s. I recently bought replacement rollers # 84-002M on order # 1270955 ,if that helps to identify. Thanks for your help. Jerome

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0020.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0021.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0023.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to tell from these photos, but it looks like your handle installs on the side of the frame, rather than on the front of it like most screen door handles. If I'm right, then I think you should consider our 84-223. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

A home owner from Tinley Park , Illinois says:
I wish I could have sent a clearer picture. The screen door is installed on the room side of the sliding door.The handle is mounted on the room side of the frame , not the edge. That's the rectangular hole in picture 1. You can see the spring latch , which goes thru the edge of the frame , in the empty hole where the plastic handle fell out. The handle is mounted on the inner (room) side of the frame. Thanks so far. Hope this helps. Jerry Paluch
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ooooh, I see. I guess I was a little thrown off since I don't see any screw holes. Does it just plug in? I'm afraid we don't have anything that quite works that way. Most of our screen door handles area intended to work as repair parts, so they're a little more generalized. The reason for this is because screen door styles are discontinued all the time and it's just easier to supply more generic parts. If yours plugs in it is likely made for this specific kind of door.

If you are willing to drill new holes on the face of the door, you could potentially get our 83-002 to work. This has a similar kind of "cross" spring latch. Otherwise, it's basically just two flat pieces of plastic, so it can work on a ton of different doors. Let me know what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.