Screen Door Roller Assembly

A quick learner from Anaheim, CA says:
I am looking for a 1 " sliding door/screen door roller assembly. The opening for the roller assembly is 3/4".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image001.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I was unfortunately not able to find this exact roller. This design is a little peculiar for screen doors, to tell the truth. I would say that the best match we have in our inventory would be the 81-247, but there are a couple of issues.

Namely the wheel is too small at 27/32" in diameter instead of the 1" you need. Now that may not actually be the end of the world, you can adjust these to make up for the difference, but it's something to consider.

Another obvious issue is the back tab. Ours sticks straight up while yours is angled back. In this case I actually think yours was sticking straight up originally, too, but that the installers bent it back during installation to get it to work. I've done that myself. It can easily be done with a pair of pliers and a firm grip. 

Finally, there is a simple matter of general housing size, which you will need to check over. I'll post dimensions at the bottom of this post.

Assuming all these differences are dealbreakers then your next best option is to replace the wheel by itself and just reuse the housing. See our 84-017 and 83-057 for two options.

Detail of 81-247
Detail of 81-247
Profile view of 81-247
Profile view of 81-247

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.