Screen Door Rollers - Top and Bottom

A contractor from Maryland says:
Hi there -
I removed these parts from the screen door of a condo that was built in 1965. I don't know if the screen is original or a replacement but it looks like the tracks are probably original. I tried looking through your site but could not find anything that looked like either of these parts. Do you think you have something that would work? If not, do you have any suggestions of how we could either fix this screen or modify the track so we can have a new screen made?

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4439.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4440.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4442.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4441.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The bottom roller looks like our 84-008, but I'm not familiar with that top roller. That's not one I've ever see before. Please give me a little more time to look into it and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!! In case it helps, I've posted a photo that shows you the channel that the top hardware fits into. It's just a 3/4" wide upside down U.

If you can think of a way to adapt either the screen or channel to accept different hardware, I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks again!

Judy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4459.jpg
Hi again -

I have an idea...The metal hardware on both of the upper corner pieces is fine. The only problem is that the white roller on the mate to the one I photographed is broken.

Do you have any parts that have a nylon (or similar material) wheel that's 3/4" diameter x 1/8" thick?

If so, I'm thinking I could use a pop rivet to attach a new roller to the existing corner piece.

Thoughts?

Judy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4439v2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks again for your patience while we looked into this. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find anything like this. It may just be too old.

Concerning just replacing the wheel, that may indeed be your best bet. Believe it or not, one of our shower door wheels may just do the trick. The problem is that none of them are 1/8" thick, they're all more like 1/4". Would that work? See our 10-102 and 10-101 to start out.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.