Screen Pin, Top

A quick learner from Grand Rapids, Mich says:

I need to replace several top pins in the top rail of my screens. The part is plastic .160" dia. approximately 1" long. The top part is smooth (.160 dia) with the lower part having a smaller diameter, .135", with ridges to hold into the rails lower wall. Picture attached shows one that is broke. Top (piece on the left) is distorted as I tryed to pull the remains out of the rail with a pair of pliers. The top portion looks like the piece in the photo to the right. Color is grey.

A 3/16 dia roll pins work for replacment. However, you need to drill out the rail for the roll pin to work. The rail easily bends when drilling for the roll pin. I would rather have the part in question.

Any help would be appreciative.

Thank You,

John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Scree Pin.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, John. I'm afraid that we don't have a pin exactly like this. Could you maybe use something like our 70-195

Dimensions for the 70-195 window screen pin
Dimensions for the 70-195 window screen pin
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.