Screen Plunger Inquiry

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
Looking at your 7/32 dia 70-0008 window screen plungers. To repair screens from Hurd Windows made about 1993.
large end 7/32 dia x 3/8 long
small end 1/8 dia x 1-7/16 overall length
spring .41 nominal or 3/8 plus
prefer aluminum
1. I assume these are suitable replacements.
2. Can I get white caps?
3. Because I live in a shoreline area and the originals have all corroded. Are they available in anodized. Or do you recommend any oil, grease or wax to help protect them.
4. Are the springs stainless steel?

I would be ordering about 16 sets or more (quick count off the top of my head.

Best Regards
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Yes, based on your description the 70-008 7/32" plunger pins sound like a promising candidate. I am afraid we do not carry these with white caps. They are aluminum, so rust shouldn't be any issue. I am afraid I don't believe the springs are stainless steel. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

70-008 : 5 Pack, Screen Plunger Pin Latches, 7/32
5 Pack, Screen Plunger Pin Latches, 7/32"
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at