Screen Plunger Pins

A handy person from Boise, ID says:
Hi, I'm not sure if there are different sized screen pins, but IMG_0604.jpg shows what i neeed installed in my screen. The frame width is 3/4" and the business end of the pin goes into the window frame slot which is 3/16" wide (IMG_0606.jpg). I prefer the metal colored pins - which part should I get?

Also, what is the difference between the two step-down drills you sell?

Thanks, Peter.
User submitted photos of a plunger pin.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Peter. For a 3/4" wide frame and 3/16" hole in the window frame, I would suggest something like our 75-009. The step down drill bit for this pin is our 75-032, which is no longer being mass produced. You can use a 1/8" drill bit to drill a pilot hole and then a 11/64" drill bit for the outside hole, so the pin head will go inside the screen frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)