Screen Pull Tabs

A home owner from Laceys Spring, Al says:

I sent you an email yesterday with questions about window parts. As I found out the pull tabs on my screens are brittle and break off when I try to remove the screen. It looks like item 95-186 will replace the ones I have. My question is how to get the old corner out without destroying the screen. Can you help?



Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, Danny, hopefully I can help.

To start, I should mention that your corner might not be the 95-186 . They made an earlier version of this corner where the corner patch was 7/8" square. Ours is 1" square. The old version is unfortunately not around anymore, but I felt obligated to mention it just in case.

With that being said I would not replace the corner and instead install the 70-128 pull tab. To install the 70-128 , you would need only to pull out the screen spline at the location where you want to install the pull tab and then respline the tab in the groove. You would not need to take the screen completely apart like you would to install new corners, which can be more trouble than it's worth. 

A home owner from Laceys Spring, Al says:
Thanks much Dave. Good to know very helpful information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at