Will Your Screen Spline Work For Me

A home owner from Dallas Texas says:

Hi there-

I was referred to you Quality Screen in Dallas as I have old screen sliders and my spline is no longer made as it 3/8" or 380mm flat spline.

I was told that your 11/32 X 3/32 spline would be compatible and work for my screens. Is this the case? If so, I'd like to order a roll from you, please.

Here are photos of our old spline below. 2 of our sliders have this old grey 3/8" flat spline. One slider has a different black spline that is in good shape and does NOT. need replacing , but I'll show you that as well. Pictures below. Last pic is good black spline .

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1J9SpGCt3WKcJZr9h8enLA6dR3tKoNt0zQ.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180429_184001_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EsG0cZjEoBAXJUfO8RLF1blwwbCoGBy2Bw.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JQlsIi8xoLVwczMBTKXfXWF61wbGfmNo2A.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MCW7HV1_k0HZmGl5qfPRbdcHDvsee8gJaw.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. Are you referring to our 59-241? If so, I'm afraid I can't confirm if this will work for your screen. I'm not sure what your measurements are and I cannot make out the end profile. Would it be possible for you to remove a sample of your spline and take a picture of it from an angle just like how we show our 59-241? Can you also confirm its precise dimensions?

Also keep in mind that our 59-241 is only sold in 25' increments.

A home owner from Dallas, Tx says:

Here are photos. We would need 50 feet. 3/8" is what the local siupier calibrated it at., or .375

Thanks,

Sharon

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 52D6DE8E-E595-4641-90DA-9BA3C1BE8734.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7EE02017-3FBE-4314-835C-27A666E6B460.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi Sharon, I would suggest our 59-241 as the closest match to your flat screen spline. Compare it to what you have and let us know what you think.

How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
VIDEO
WATCH >
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.