Installing Screen Window Plunger Pins

A quick learner from Holliston, Mass says:

I bought some screen plunger pins from you this week(see attached photo). I believe I received the incorrect black plastic snap covers. I would think that the plastic tabs would snap into place at the narrow end of the pin to keep the plunger pin from sliding out of the screen. These black plastic covers just fit loosely on the end of the pin and easily fall off. Can you let me know if I got the incorrect snap covers ?

Thanks

Jack

User submitted photo of their 70-008 plunger pin.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning Jack,

I just checked stock and the 70-008 plunger pin is working fine. I tried to fasten one here at the workshop and the cap stayed tightly onto the pin. To fasten the cap onto the pin, you need to hit it once with a mallet. After you fasten the cap, you will not be able to remove it. Here is a video explaining how to install a similar plunger pin, 70-009. The process to install the 70-009 and the 70-008 plunger pins is the same.
A quick learner from Holliston, Mass says:
Thanks - didn't think to use a hammer.
A quick learner from Salt Lake City says:
I needed to replace a couple of broken pins; my holes were already drilled. I watched the video. I followed instructions. It worked perfectly. 5-minute job. Thanks very much.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.