Screen clips

A home owner from Toms River, NJ says:
It looks like my window screens have these patriot screen clips. My town home was built in 1992 by Hovnanian. Ive been unable to figure out how to remove these clips. It appears that most of them have been broken. the curved part that sticks out appears to be missing on most of them.. unless I have the wrong screen clips. These patriot clips appear to be the closest match to what I have. There are two of them..one on each side of the window screen.

Can you tell me how to remove them so I can remove the screen? I plan on purchasing a few of them to try it out and see if I can install
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, check out the video below. This will show you how we replace these clips.
A quick learner from 08527 says:
Hello...how do you get the Patriot clip into the track? Do I have to bend the metal as I saw in your video on how to remove the clip? I hope not. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There should be an opening at the end of the track that allows you to slide the clip in from the end. If there is no such opening, as we show in the video, then you will need to bend the frame as shown, yes.

If you're not comfortable doing that then you may want the help of a local professional.

A quick learner from 08527 says:
What is so strange is that I have done this many times in the past, was able to get the clip in the track. Now, suddenly, I can't. All the windows are original Patriot, all screens same. I hope newer windows are better than this. What a pain! Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.
SWISCO Patriot Screen Clip
SWISCO Patriot Screen Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.