Screen door handles

A home owner from El Paso, IL 61738 says:
I have a sliding screen door as a part of a three door opening to our porch. The screen door has 2 holes on each side for handles but there are no handles. Looking over the options for Anderson doors the handles need a 2 1/8", center to center dimension. I have measured the center to center dimension on the screen door and it measures 2". Do the 2 1/8 handles work with 2" holes
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't think a handle with a 2-1/8" hole spacing will work with a 2" spacing in your door. Not unless you drill new holes anyway, but a 1/8" is cutting it close and there may be overlap.

Are you sure these are Andersen doors? Is there any other marking or branding on the door that may give a clue? I'm afraid that without seeing the original hardware, we can't say for sure what you have or what can be used.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.