Screen door lock/latch

A home owner from USA says:

Dear Swisco.

Two years ago you filled my order ( #84-024) for my screen door roller assembly nylon wheel which has worked well. Unfortunately I now also need the lock or latch kit or assembly. I am attaching 3 or 4 pictures of it from the outside, inside and side view. It measures 4 inches high and 2 inches wide. Please let me know if you still carry this mechanism and the cost including shipping.

Thank you,

Marshall

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Marshall. I'm not sure I recognize this handle. Can you tell me the distance between the installation holes, center-to-center? If we can't find this exact handle set, maybe we can find something similar, at least.

A home owner from USA says:
Thank you Tom. It's a latch mechanism that goes up and down only. The distance between the center of one attaching screw to the other is 3 5/16 of an inch or 8 1/2 centimeters. Do you want me to take better photos of the latch as well as the whole sliding mesh screen door. Will I need a whole new sliding panel? Look forward to your reply.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I can't be sure that it will work exactly the same, but take a look at our 83-002. Take a look at it and see if it matches up to your handle. You should remove yours from your screen door to get a better look at your latching hook to confirm if they're a similar style.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.