Screen latch replacement

Home Owner from New Yorlk
Mar 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Could you please help me identify which latch model I need? My Pella window is marked Clear Air IGMAC P 4-03. The hole to insert the latch into the screen frame is 1".

If you require a photo of the entire piece, please let me know how to remove it (the remaining three are not sliding out easily).

Thank you!!!

User submitted photos of a knife latch.
1 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Mar 29, 2018 9:42 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I believe this is our Pella 70-143P screen latch pair. If you look at our photos for this product, you'll see they have a cut out with a small metal point. That metal point is locking against the inside screen frame, preventing you from removing them. 

It is possible to remove it, but it can be a little tricky. First, slide a thin screwdriver or knife between the clip and screen frame cut out, then open the cut out to remove the clip. Just be very careful not to bend the screen frame. Once you have it out, you should be able to confirm if our 70-143P is indeed a match. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts