Screen plunger

A home owner from Greenville, Ohio says:


Truing to find a replacement for these. They are 3.5 inches long. There is spring missing from the one in the picture.

Can you help?



Thumbnail of the uploaded file named screen plunger.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Frank. Start by looking at our 70-008 or 70-009 Pin kits. Look over the dimensions and see if one of these could work for you.

A home owner from Greenville, Ohio says:
Thanks, These do look similar. However not long enough. Need about 1" longer. Any other suggestions.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Frank. I'm afraid we don't have pins that are 1" longer. There is a trick other customers have performed: they trim the black nylon cap on these replacements down a little, which gives the pin more room to fit into thicker frames. Obviously it's not ideal, and it can be a bit tricky to do, but it's our only other option. Note that modified products cannot be returned for a refund. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at