Screen recepticles

A quick learner from Verona, WI 53593 says:
I looking for the cup like parts which fit into the screen jamb and receives the screen plunger. Many of these cup like part are disinegrated over the years ...See Pic
User submitted a photo of a plunger pin.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! It looks like you need a screen pin grommet. We used to carry one, but I'm afraid the manufacturer discontinued it and it is no longer available. At this time we have no other substitute. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
A home owner from Queens NY says:
I just purchased some screens and was off on the width measurement by a 1/3 of an inch. Is it possible to extent the screen recepticles fix my mistake instead of throwing out 4 perfectly good screens?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
What I have done in some cases was remove the pin and cut the neck of the plastic cap. I'm not sure if you can do that with your pin, but it can be done with pins like our 70-009. By cutting the neck of the plastic cap you should be able to get the pin to come out about 1/4" more.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)