Screen spring pin?

A quick learner from Whitesboro ny says:

I need to replace spring pins that hold the screen into the window frame as on most of them the plastic gripping end is broken.Yes screen spring pin not Tammy which is what my phone wrote.

The narrow tipped end had a plastic "knob"

but it disintegrated. Product #70-195 looks somewhat like it but is not long enough & mine is metal.

Also I the thicker end is more likely 3mm not 4, and the knob end is likely 2 mm, not 3 in diameter.

The local window repair shop only has thicker pins that do not fit. The screen frame has a narrow depth & the larger spring pin knobs are too wide.

The manufacturer is Acan Windows Inc, from Canada, which went out of business years ago as their windows were so crappy!

Included a couple more photos of these and another item I want but could not find on site. That is a plastic guide for a casement window that allows the metal bar to slide vertically up & down in a straight line. This is integral to the locking mechanism.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 314858E4-A904-4CC9-AE45-71A7E0F01D91.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 53B86C30-AB0C-46FC-84CA-C8C08ABD04C7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AA187F42-F213-4354-A0DD-294479CF609A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5E7AA3AA-D215-4585-A122-4DFC137CC344.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AD5510F4-B3D2-4C3F-A623-26126E523CC6.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This screen pin looks like either our 70-008 and 70-009, depending on the diameter. Look over both and see what you think matches best. The other part looks like a Tie Bar Guide. See our 39-417. While it stylistically looks different, this should function the same way. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)