Screen window pin

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:


I can't locate the manufacture or the windows (other people have tired too!) but I need to replace these pieces that hold the screen window in place (they are all broken on one window). The issue is I can't figure out how to get the screw/pin out! It just had a hole down the center. It doesn't pull out. I am not even sure if it is a screw but I don't have a screwdriver small enough. I can't find anything like it online. Do you have any idea how I can remove and replace it?

Thank you.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CAD6013E-39E7-4EEF-93D2-082560E1FC9B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 00287F60-0ACB-4060-BD6F-607C481DA56A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We have several clips that may replace this, depending on the offset. You can see our 70-210 and 70-209 to start out, but there are a ton of other choices. You can see our full selection here .

As for how to uninstall it, it looks like yours is installed using a pop rivet. You won't find any screwdriver that will allow you to easily remove that. Your only option is to drill it out. From there, you can either use a pop-rivet again, or just a regular screw.

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at