Screw May Need Replacement

A quick learner from Bluemont, VA says:
I?m trying to repair an awning-style operator on my jalousie windows. The crank (pictured) keeps unscrewing from the operator when I try to close the windows, which makes me think I need to replace the screw itself, within the handle. If this is the case, can someone recommend the proper replacement part? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 66A0469D-C292-4D73-B371-A5A2952EF434.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E4AD5575-4CDC-4F5D-AD1C-7857458B8F2C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! When the worm gear comes out of the operator like this, that means that the whole mechanism is stripped out. It can't be repaired or replaced, so you'll need an all new operator.

Now, I wasn't able to find an exact match, but our 39-252 is similar. Look over our dimensions and let me know how well they match up. Take particular note of the threaded hole in the link arm, which is 5/16" in diameter. Also see the 39-251 for the opposite side.

Please let me know your thoughts.

A quick learner from Bluemont, VA says:
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately the dimensions don't quite match, but I may have found another solution in any case. I'll reach out again if that doesn't work.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, I'm glad you found something! We'll be here to help if you need us.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.