Screw sleeves

A home owner from Ohio says:
When I try to remove the screws that hold the handle on the door, they keep spinning. The sleeve on the outside is turning too. How can I get those screws out so I can replace the handles.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15956272701657097341387652853188.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15956273168845122030566676630233.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look and see what the best option would be to remove your installation screws. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available. 

A home owner from Ohio says:
Ok, thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a tough position to be in. I would recommend trying to hold the nut from the outside as you turn the screw if they are too stripped to remove otherwise. Once you can remove them, you can replace the handle set with either our keyed 82-086 or non-keyed 82-089 handle sets. I hope this helps!

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.