Screw will not tighten in plastic and raise door

A quick learner from IL says:
When we are trying to raise the door in the track by tightening the screw it will not catch. I assume it catches in the plastic. Does this mean the plastic is stripped out and need the new plastic part?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It does sound like the plastic could be stripped, yes. You could try replacing the screw just in case that's the problem, but if that doesn't work then you will likely need to replace the roller entirely.

A quick learner from PA says:
We have been struggling with the same problem. It so happens that the boneheaded home repair guy (me) walked into the screen which knocked it off the bottom track. After that, the door was hanging by one roller, and the other plastic piece was hanging adrift. Aha! Now we know! Here's the trick - I could not lift the screen off the bottom track, and the ends of the top are closed off. There are four screws that hold the top rail in place, with the ends also holding a plastic bumper. Take out all four screws, and you can carefully remove the top track, slide it off, and replace your stripped #84-105. PAY ATTENTION TO ORIENTATION OF PARTS!

To reinstall, replace the bad #84-105, slide the top guide over the rollers, place the door on the bottom track, then loosely replace the four top screws. After all four screws are in, tighten them. Check the door for smooth function, brag about what a superstar you are, and get some refreshments!

Pella's website was useless, but the part showed on an image search. Parts ordered from SWISCO!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.