Searching for 1309448 Anderson crank

A quick learner says:

This is an Anderson CW130 right-hand casement window. I thought the crank needed to be replaced. However, the crank seems to work well. The window opens and closes, except it will not close tight enough for the latch to grab. It's about 1/4" short of the lock catching (see photo).

I tightened the metal lower left-hand side corner part stamped 1361408R (see photo). This helped since the window was about an 1" or more away from closing prior to the adjustment. It is possible replacing this part may fix the problem.

Please advise.

I'm also including photos of the crank assembly and Upper support arm."

Thank you,

Glenn 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BC8D8212-65E4-47AE-9AE5-42E55768B47F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 575919B6-7A82-4DC6-82B9-7E5A25490E53.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 34DA1870-1BDD-4647-94E3-199B856D794C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9A4E2E70-6673-4C0D-8300-F5D77CAD78AE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 192A40EF-2630-41D2-B224-964B2EBCF253.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Glenn. It definitely sounds like an issue with either the hinge or the operator. I'm personally leaning towards the hinge, but there's an easy way to find out.

First, disconnect the operator from the window and then try to close it by hand. If it still hangs up that last bit, then the operator has nothing to do with the issue at hand and you can safely conclude that the hinge is the source. Replacing it should then be your next step.

Now, we don't sell this exact hinge assembly, but I've had many customers in the past tell me that our 36-048 generic hinge still works well as an alternative. The catch is that you have to replace the top and bottom at the same time so that the window retains a symmetrical operation. Look it over and let me know if you had any questions!

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.