Searching for 162604 Andersen Balance

A quick learner says:
Need a replacement balance for an old all-wood Anderson double hung window. I called a local window shop and they identified the window model as 3046. Visible glass size of each pane is 24? H x 32-1/2? W. They identified the part # as 162604, although I don?t see tha5 number anywhere on the existing balance. Attaching a picture.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The part number there doesn't match up to anything I'm familiar with, but I can sort of see the correct ID number stamped on your balance. See the "nail flange" at the bottom of your photo? The stamped code should be printed on that narrow flap. I think I can see the outline of a few different numbers down there. See if you can read it.

A handy person says:
Unfortunately, the staple goes right through the flange, which appears to be how it was designed. But, as a result, I can't see anything more than you can. Any other options for determining the part number?
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us. I've circled the stamp in question. I'm about 90% sure that this is the stamp we need, but it's faded and I can't quite make it out. If you can confirm what this number is, I think we can recommend a match.

User submitted image of their window hardware.
A handy person says:
Attaching a new photo of the balance from the other side that I cleaned up a bit. Number appears to be BR 17.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Going over all the photos and information you gave, we can suggest the 24-939 Andersen balance box as a replacement.

A handy person says:
Hi, how long will it take to receive in Fairfield CT?
Profile picture of Paul

It depends on a few factors. You can calculate it on our site to get an accurate quote. After putting your items in a cart, simply enter your zip code and click the CALCULATE SHIPPING button.

A handy person says:
Hi, I need recommendations for balances for a few other windows in my house, all Anderson I believe.

Master bedroom - see attached photos MRB 1 and MBR 2

Study - see attached photo Study 1

Living room - see attached photos LR 1, LR 2 and LR 3. This looked like it may have two different balance models.
One looked much newer and maybe was replaced. I'm not really sure.
A handy person says:
Adding photo MBR 2
Profile picture of Tom

You see those numbers on the left side of the flange? 1027, 931, and so on?

Can you list off those codes in text form? I can't really read the numbers in every photo, but in person, you should have an easier time with it. Using those leftmost codes, I can identify most of the balances.

Profile picture of Tom

Awesome. The study balances are 24-1033. The living room balances are both 24-939. As for the master bedroom balance, I will refer this to a researcher who knows more than I do. I'm not familiar with that code. Hold on tight.

A handy person says:
Master Bedroom: BJ21 2 89

Study: 1027 2 BS17 5 90

Living Room: This window looks like it has two different balances, one looks newer and maybe was a replacement:

One side: 931 R08 4/04

Other side: 931 (or 937) R14 8/04
Profile picture of Paul

For the master bedroom, I can't make out the numbers. Can you give us the visible glass size of the sashes, width by height? We just need the measurement of the piece of glass that you can see.

A handy person says:
Each window of the double hung (top and bottom) in the master bedroom is 16-3/8" wide by just a hair under 24" tall.
Profile picture of Paul

For the master bedroom glass size that you gave, you would have a #1846 Andersen window that uses our 24-531 balance boxes.

A handy person says:
Paul/Ben, thanks for all of the help. A couple more questions for you.

1. Do you sell replacements for the older style metal window locks (picture attached)? I saw an older post recommending the 90-095, but these older ones have a small inset that sits down slightly into the window. Not sure if that's necessary.

2. What do you call the handle insert piece at the bottom of the double-hung window (picture attached)?

3. I have one window where the seal on the bottom is shot, and as you can see (picture attached) I'm getting moisture just under the window that is causing the bottom of the window to start rotting out. The seal does not look like it removes easily, although maybe there's a trick. Any suggestions for a new seal that I might apply and how it goes on?

4. Some of my windows are tough to slide up and down. Any way to lubricate the edges in the tracks or is that just not done or effective?

Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul

Andersen actually discontinued making this lock. They are now all composite materials. I have personally replaced my metal Andersen locks (for the Narroline bevel-edge frame) with 90-095 and found it worked we..

That part in your second photo would be called a window pull, or lift. It matches our 26-224.

We may be able to identify new weatherstripping, but we'd need to see its end profile. That way we can see its shape.

You could try silicone spray to lubricate the tracks, that should help.

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.