Searching for 2001-2006? parts

A quick learner says:

Good morning,

The top sash on one of my probably close to 20-year-old Atrium vinyl replacement windows came crashing down one night in my tenant's apartment. Quick observation: I do not see strings on either side, so assume clips and entire spring housing on both sides need to be replaced.

The inside of the entire window measures about 55.5 inches (photos attached are not of broken window).

Kindly advise proper parts.

Thank you!

Karalyn 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230416_101438.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230416_101418.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230416_101443.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230416_101250.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230416_101522.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can be positive with the hardware still installed but I would recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the S770 channel balance to the assembly shown in your photos. If you need new pivot shoes, we also offer the 15-135 that is similar. 

Again, it is important to remove the parts from the window to confirm that the width and thickness shown below match up to yours. You'll also need to locate the stamp code on the metal balance channel to choose the corresponding strength option. Take a look at the related parts and videos to see what you think. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 15-135
Alternate image for 15-135

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.