Searching for 29 inch channel balance for 15 218

A quick learner says:
need a 29 inch channel balance (ribbed) to fit a 15-212 Swisco Pivot Shoe for a 25 lbs tilt window (sash).
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what you may have, but it sounds like it'll have to be specially made. To confirm, can you send us a picture of the top and bottom ends of your balance, as well as a picture of whatever clip is attached to the end of the cord? Can you also give me the width and height of the metal channel and whatever number is printed on it? Finally, how many did you need?

To be safe, I'd also like to see a picture of your pivot shoe.

A quick learner from photos says:
I need a set for two windows and one extra set.
Total six of each: balance include ribbed housing and strings and shoes.

I took 10 photos but could only submit 5. Let me know if you need more.

Thank you!

Pivot shoe and balances

Pivot shoe
Profile picture of Paul

Ah yes, it's just as I suspected. We should be able to help, though. I still need you to tell me the width and height of the original metal channel as well as the number printed on it. 

Just to be on the safe side, I'd also like to know the width, height, and depth of the pivot shoe, and a picture of the pivot bar that goes into it. 

A quick learner says:

Pivot Shoe: width 15/16, height 1 15/16, depth 3/8

Bar Photos attached: width 5/16, height 5/8, thicker portion depth 3/16, thinner portion depth 3/32,

Width of channel is 5/8 inch and the height is 1/2 inch. There is no printed numbers on the channel.

There is an inner channel that carries the spring inside it. Width is 1/2 inch same height.

If this is not possible. Do you have the 3/32 width / thickness sashcord I can purchase? 25 feet would be great.

Balance clip

Profile picture of Paul

It looks like you sent us pictures of the clip at the end of the balance cord. That's not the pivot bar. I apologize for the confusion. The pivot bar is the piece of metal at the two bottom corners of the sash that go into the pivot shoe. I'd need a picture of one of yours out of the window.

A quick learner says:
My bad...,
I removed the pivot bar and took measurements but did not take a photo of the pivot bar itself.

I can describe it as follows:

It shape is similar to a staple / horseshoe.
Dimensions: 3 inches in length, 3/16 height and 5/16 width. I believe it is not slotted.

I will forward you a photo when I get home this evening.
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you! I think that information will do just fine. Based on the size of your pivot bar, I think you will need our 15-212 pivot shoe in addition to the balance we will need to specially make. You mentioned before that there are no markings on your balance, in which case we will need the weight of the sash that is supports. That will let us calculate the proper spring strength.

A quick learner says:

Greetings,

I weighed the sash already.  The approximate weight is 25 lbs.  Please send cost for three sets.  

Thanks!
Juan

Three attached photos (pivot bar)

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Photo 1.JPG
Profile picture of Paul

Hmm... I'm sorry to keep you waiting on this. We've been looking all over, but we haven't been able to find this style balance that can support a 25 pound sash. These max out at 20 pounds, which is just not strong enough for your sash. This has been really puzzling. 

I hate to ask you for more photos, but would it be possible to see one picture of the inner ribbed metal channel balance? Specifically, I'd like to see opposite side where the springs fit into. You showed the back side where the spring sits in in you first post, so we just need the other side of that. There may be a stamp there, which would be a huge clue and get us on the right track.

A quick learner says:
Thank You for your response.

I will take a photo of ribbed outside metal channel this evening and forward to you.
No problem at all. I will re-weigh the sash because I remember it was not quite 25 lbs more like 22 lbs. my scale might be off . I will try a fish scale as well and give you that weight.

Thanks!
A quick learner says:
see attached photos.

sash weight= 25 lbs.

inner balance channel part number= DB B04 28 TGX
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inner balance chan 01.JPG
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you! That's everything we needed. I will email you a special balance link for 6 of these right now.

A quick learner says:
Greetings,

I received six channel balance as replacement for my old channel balance P/N: DB B04 28 TGX (Swisco order no: 1035122).

The height of the new channel balance received is 5/8 inch in comparison with my old channel balance of 7/16 and the width is 9/16 compare to 1/2 inch.

The new channel balance sticks out 3/16 inches when fitted in the side window frame/rail. It does not fit flush and interferes with window from moving up.

I hope you can find the correct channel balance for my 25 lbs window. Thank you!

I already submitted a return. Reference no: 7524952
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P1.JPG
Profile picture of Paul

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'm actually shocked this didn't work; the 28TG stamp you gave us was only used for this kind of balance. Or so I believed. Have you tried installing it without using the covers? See if that helps. If not let me know.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.