Searching for 31835

A quick learner says:
Hello, I have a casement window and discovered that someone somehow broke the locking mechanism. (This is a short term rental so I don't know what happened or how). The pictures show the locking bar from a distance and up close. There seem to be 3 parts all of which have numbers stamped on them. These are Lincoln brand windows.

Any info you could provide on replacement parts would be great. I believe these windows were original with the house which was build in 1998.

Thanks in advance,
Erik
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4213.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4214 - Copy.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4214.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Erik.

The 31831 number displayed in your photo has been associated with our 38-205 in the past but I can't guarantee this is what you need based on these photos alone. It's a good place to start but I would need to see an undamaged version of the hardware to confirm. Review the specifications and see what you think. 

Do you happen to have another window in the house with an undamaged version? Do you have the broken pieces on hand still or are they missing? If not, I think our 38-205 is a good place to start regardless. 

A quick learner says:
Hi Emily,

Yes, I'm attaching a picture of a working window. I think this is right. I've uploaded a picture of a working window and it looks to be the same as the 38-205 that you sent. Does this look right to you?

Thanks very much for your help with this.

Erik
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Good_Window.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Yes, I think so. You still might want to check the design of the escutcheon (assuming you have one) to be sure everything matches the 38-205, but at this stage I would say it's looking good.

Dimensions for 38-205
Dimensions for 38-205

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.