Searching for Sash Lock

A quick learner says:
Need replacement cam latch for Pella sliding window. Screws holes 2-1/4" apart, 11/16" in from inside edge. Overall dims 2-3/4" x 1-1/8". Color: whitw. Quantity: 1. Left Hand.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1333.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

At first glance, this sash lock reminds me of our 90-286, which has 1-7/8" hole spacing center-to-center. If yours has 2-1/4" hole spacing though, something like our 90-274 would in theory be a better match. Double-check your dimensions, compare, and let me know what you think. 

A home owner from parnell Iowa says:
Thanks, Bob. I've spent over an hour looking for this part. Pella wanted $35 for shipping.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, Pella is indeed not exactly forgiving with their costs to replace specific hardware. In a few cases though, generic replacements match the Pella parts exactly in dimension and can work just as well. Let me know if that is indeed the case here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.