Searching for Thermal gard dual rod window cranks

A quick learner says:
I have three thermal gard window dual cranks that just spun when I turn the handle!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6CCE51D5-0B0F-460D-B9D8-B725D6940753.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It looks like the worm gear has stripped out. This cannot be repaired, unfortunately, which means you need an all new operator.

We can help, but I'll need a photo of your operator removed from the window in its entirety so that we can see the whole thing. That will allow us to match it up to something in our inventory. Thanks!

A quick learner says:
I was able to pull the window apart to get to the crank mechanism! It looks like a Truth 45206!
Do you carry replacement cranks for that?
Thanks,
Curt
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3E1A718D-F9D6-4398-B4E6-988A4807508F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E3DBBD6E-8F85-41BA-9009-2439B1C4BC19.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6BF5D988-3DE1-4A87-BE5E-7D1823C33DF1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Curt. The number "45206" is associated with a half dozen different parts, unfortunately. I don't think it's an identification number or anything. However, based on your last picture, it looks similar to our 39-083. When closed, its "elbows" are 21-1/2" apart. As long as your operator is the same size then I think this will work well for you.

Dimensions for 39-083
Dimensions for 39-083
A quick learner says:
I measured the elbows when closed and they are 15 inches apart! The width of the operator is 4.5 inches wide!
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! In that case, the best match appears to be our 39-140. This is a little larger at 16". Do you think that inch will make a difference? You don't want it to poke out from the sides of the sash.

A quick learner says:
I just looked and a 16 inch would be fine! How much are they please?
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

You can see a detailed price breakdown, as well as pictures and other information on the 39-016 store page, which I have linked to previously. Please let me know if you have any questions not covered on that page, though.

A quick learner says:
I appreciate all your help. I think I'll order 3 in white!
Thanks Again!
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome. Thank you for ordering with us, it means a lot. I'd love to hear how it works out, or if you had any follow-up questions.

A quick learner says:
Got the first one replaced, works like a champ! Thanks again for all your help!
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.