Searching for installation guide for 82-055

A quick learner says:
Hi,

I bought and installed an 82-055 handle from Swisco in January 2021. The wooden handle worked itself loose so I took the handle off the door to tighten the screws. In doing so the spring strip flew out and I'm not sure how to reassemble the handles and lock with that spring. Do you have installation instructions for this handle?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

To reinstall the flat tension spring, you must first take the inside pull handle and flip it over to the back side. Then, turn the locking tooth in the "Locked" position. With the locking tooth in the locked position you can now reinstall the tension spring. Place the spring in between the two studs on one side of the locking tooth. Next, force the spring up against the flat side of the locking tooth and push the spring down into the other set of studs on the other side of the tooth. You might need to use a set of long nose pliers.

A quick learner says:
Many thanks for the comprehensive reply. All done!
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.