Searching for morrisette losck and door handle

A quick learner says:

Patio sliding glass door, lock and handle broke. Great difficulty finding replacement part. Do not need the same thing just a lock and handle that will fit into the predrilled holes on the door. Thank you so much for any help you can give.

Terry 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220919_150224.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220919_150321.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220919_150332.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220919_151310.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220920_111655.jpg
A quick learner says:

Sorry, forgot to mention that the manufacturer's name listed on the door says "MI Windows and Doors". Tried Home depot with the name and part numbers and what they ordered did not come close to fitting.

Thanks

Terry 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your handle set is very similar in design to our 82-080. I believe this will work for you, but review its specs just to verify.

The mortise is the major issue here. The 82-080 is specifically designed to work with the 82-238, which is certainly similar to your original, but it's different enough that I don't want to make any guarantees. One notable difference is that the faceplate on yours seems way longer. You would need to reuse that, at the very least, but I am not sure if there are any other vital differences that I can't pick out from these photos. Look it over for now and see what you think.

Dimensions for 82-080
Dimensions for 82-080

Alternate image for 82-238
Alternate image for 82-238

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.